Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Alexander Interview

After learning of AU's latest in-home visit to Frank Alexander, OTWS decided to look Frank's number up. After calling 37 Alexanders in the Baton Rouge area we finally got the right house. Below is the transcript of our short interview with the highly touted defensive lineman:

Q: How was your senior season at Southern Lab?
A: Busy man, I mean with football and school and trying to figure out where to go to college, it’s been really busy.

Q: Are you leaning towards any particular college right now?
A: I pretty much got it narrowed down to 4. Tulane, Miami, Oklahoma, and Auburn.

Q: In that order?
A: No, they all about even right now. I’ll have a better idea after I take my last visit.

Q: I read that Auburn’s head coach visited you this weekend. How did that go?
A: Coach Tuberville is a really cool guy. He’s down to earth. It meant a lot that he came by to see me.

Q: Had you talked to him much before his visit?
A: Yeah, he’s been recruiting me the whole time. I’ve mainly talked to Coach Knox. He’s my main contact at Auburn.

Q: What was your high moment and low moment of the season?
A: High moment was definitely our win over Christian Life. They weren’t no good this year though. They’re like one of our big rivals here in town. Low moment would be losing to St. John in the semi-finals. I’m not sure we could’ve beat Evangel Christian, but I would’ve liked to play in the Super Dome.

Q: Where did ya’ll get the mascot of Kittens?
A: I don’t know man. We just the kittens though.

Q: Do you think you might grow into a Tiger one day?
A: Could be. I just need to decide.